Cockpit

Logging my build of the "Mossie"

Moderators: Maurice Wilcox, Rob, Pete Coleman

Old CWO
Midshipman

Re: Cockpit

Post by Old CWO » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Thanks to both Pete and Bondoman for the explanations. Pete, I neglected to compliment you on the exquisite work so far on your Mosquito. As you can tell, I'm still working my way through a lot of site history, posting as the spirit moves me.

BTW, I looked through your railroad section too. When I get a chance I'll get a few locomotive photos to post that might help you visualize that mud hen all weathered.

WR,
Ed

Pete Coleman
Admiral Of The Fleet

Post by Pete Coleman » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:38 pm

Looks like you might be a bit of a logging fan Ed!
In truth I have some very nice photos of ol' 463 and her sisters from their active days on the D&RGW.
It's just that I can't bring myself to apply paint to such a high value (in the UK) sound equipped model x9x

Thanks for your compliments re the "Mossie" though!
Cheers,
Pete.
Best regards, Pete. (A.O.T.F.) :character-spongebobdance:
-------------------------------------------------------
"In which it will be ready when it's ready"
------------- Preserved Killick -------------

The Bosun
Landsman

Post by The Bosun » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:32 pm

All I can say is WOW ! I did quite a few ( hundreds actually LOL ! ) 1/72, and even a decent amount of 1/48 military aircraft in my younger years before becoming enamored with the 1/700 waterline series stuff from Hasegawa and Tamiya, and I actually thought my work on cockpit detail was pretty decent until I now see what really constitutes nice work that is ! What you've done there on the Mosquito is really impressive to me even though I've never done a 1/24 kit that I can remember and understand that it is likely easier to work with than the smaller setups I was used to :-) I'll definitely be keeping a seasoned weather eye on this build log, and I also enjoyed reading the tip on the wax that you posted above. Thats an ingenious idea that I've never before heard of ! Keep up the great work !!!
Former US Navy Boatswain and son of "Old CWO"

Return to “Airfix 1:24th Mosquito Build Log:”